Aims of SNAG:
- To enhance the opportunities for young people to access a healthy diet and to develop a positive attitude towards food and health.
- Create a sense of responsibility and ownership amongst pupil population regarding food in school.
- Promote sound nutrition knowledge and cooking skills amongst the school population
- facilitate the introduction of trial and tested healthy dishes into the school menu
- Make recommendation for change
- Generate partnership working between relevant parties
- Promote the development of a Food in School Policy
- Support recommendations set in the Welsh Assembly Government consultation document Appetite for Life (2006), and subsequent action plan.