- Gwynedd Council operates a scheme which provides a grant towards the cost of purchasing clothing and footwear for secondary school pupils, which are years 7 – 11.
- As a result of additional support from the Welsh Assembly Government a grant of £105 per pupil is payable to pupils starting in year 7 on 1st September.
- A grant of £45 (per child) is provided to pupils in years 8 – 11.
- You may only present one application per child annually.
- The grant is limited to children whose parents receive one of the following benefits:
- Employment and Support Allowance (income based)
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Child Tax Credit (with annual taxable income not exceeding £16,190)
- Pension Credit (Guarantee)
- Help under Immigration and Asylum Seekers Act 1999
Families in receipt of Working Tax Credit are not eligible even if their annual taxable income is less than £16,190.
For more information download the form.