Amlinelliad o'r testun
Ysgol Friars PTSA
What we do
Support the school and its pupils in a wide range of extra-curricular and out of classroom activities, which help make the school experience a more enjoyable one for our children.
This year we are hoping to start a big fundraising push to enable us to purchase new staging for the school.
Recent years we have been able to award the following funds
2013-14 £2160 2014-15 £1745 2015-16 £1345
2016-17 £3467 2017-18 £2026 2018-19 £2622
How have we supported recently?
· We have purchased Two TV’s for the PE Department for displaying events and presentations and sports equipment to be used on the field at break and lunch times.
. Covered the cost to release of one teacher to attend a Lego event with pupils at which they subsequently won an award.
· Contributed towards the cost of a choreographer for the School show
· Hired the staging/lighting used for the School Eisteddfod and Sports Awards
· Regular support for the Success Maker programme.
· Printing costs for Numeracy booklets
· Various other funding requests by Departments/Teachers
How we do it
· Meet at twice a term;
· Hold 4 discos a year, 2 in the evening and 2 at the end of term during the school day;
· Organise Quiz Nights;
· Provide refreshments at school events such as Parents Evenings and Open evenings;
· Have an Annual General meeting in the autumn term.
· Bake and sell cakes
· Operate the PTSA 100 Club - You will have a chance to win a monthly CASH PRIZE (at present £20.00, £15.00 and £10.00). The monthly premium is £1.00 and it can be paid annually by cheque or cash.
What we need
More volunteers for practical help at events
Enthusiasm and suggestions for future events
Provide cakes to sell or donate prizes for raffles
School families who will come to our events and support them
If you want to contact the PTSA please send an email to PTSA@friars.gwynedd.sch.uk